The Mommy Docs’ Top Ten Gift Ideas for Pregnant Women
1. Put together her very own “Breastfeeding Basket” complete with an Advanced Breast Pump by Medela, Johnson & Johnson’s Contour Nursing Pads, Lansinoh HPA Lanolin Ointment (for sore nipples), bottle rack, bottle brushes, and a maternity bra.
2. You can never go wrong with a set of childrens’ books, especially these beloved classics: The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle, Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown, Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney, and HUG by Jez Alborough.
4. Having a baby is always a memorable time. Celebrate the newest addition to your family with a charming “Mommy To Be” Christmas ornament by Kurt Adler.
5. Load up on lullabies. For those moments (and there will be many) when she’ll need to relax or rock the baby to sleep, here are some great downloads for her iPod: Sing-a-Longs and Lullabies for the Film Curious George by Jack Johnson, and Lullaby by Jewel. Both can be found on iTunes.
6. Stock up in advance for an on-the-go baby. See Kai Run is our pick for toddlers’ shoes.
7. It may be hard to imagine, but there will come a time when she’ll forgo the frequent, fancy pedicures to save for a foot massage. And when she does, we recommend the i-need Soothing Foot Massager from Brookstone or the UComfy Leg, Foot, Calf, and Ankle Massager by Emson.
8. Don’t wait for the baby shower. Small, niche gifts make the perfect stocking stuffers. We particularly enjoy products by Kiddopotamus, such as their Snuzzler Complete Head and Body Support. It will keep your baby comfortable in a car seat or stroller.
10. And finally… any expectant mother on your list is going to need a copy of, The Mommy Docs’ Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy and Birth.